Sunday, 21 August 2016

Forced to Fib

 
Google image

The Wild Flower Season is very much upon us at the moment which plays a large part in why we have so many guests in our home. The last two lots had even paid plane tickets to come and visit so we didn't have the heart to put them off, although both my husband and I had/have colds - his has been a real old 'man cold' but lasting on and off for four weeks, whereas mine has sneaked in a week ago, so I am almost over it. It is at the stage where I feel OK but have temporarily lost my senses of smell and taste.  So it was with reluctance that I acceded to our visitors' enthusiastic wish to have a look at a famous Olive Farm nearby.  They walked in a little before us and I did voice my decision not to do any tasting but they had already bought tickets for us all.  It proved to be a very informative and interesting 45 minutes in which numerous tasty olive oils/tapenades/jellies and different types of olives were passed around together with a glass of both red and white wine.  My guests beamingly asked my opinion of the various goodies and I think I did a good job of lauding the their praises and expressing my preferences - all of which were lies. I couldn't taste or smell a thing except for one olive/herb spice of which I could taste the salt and one chile-enhanced product which made most of us cough. There was one good result though:  I did buy quite a few of the things I thought I might like. I'll enjoy them at a future date when I am better.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I should lose a bit of weight - when you can't smell, it's just not interesting to eat.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon also. The olive oil place sounds so interesting. Yes wait to try the new goodies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am hoping to impress my daughter.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had one of those colds myself, here for well over week. The old man type, mixed in with our annual fall allergies. Blaw!

    Hope both you and your husband are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Some things just have to be endured.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just had one of those ... my tongue tasted like a carpet tile for a week so the olives would have been wasted on me . But I envy you your treats in store !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great analogy! Hope you are also better. These things are sent to try us.

      Delete