Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Is it Me?



Sometimes one has to wonder whether there is something wrong with one's own brain - or is it the other person?
I telephoned the doctor's rooms this morning as I wanted an appointment either today or tomorrow. The conversation went like this:

Secretary:  "Doctor is not here today but she will be here tomorrow until 1.00 pm.

Me:       "Oh good, so can I make an appointment for the morning then?"

Sec:      "No, we can't take appointments today for tomorrow".

Me:       "OK, so it's first come, first served? That's fine, I'll come early"

Sec:       "No, you can't do that. You can phone at 8.00am to make an appointment".

Me:        (????)

What do you think I should do?

5 comments:

  1. Rather bizarre. I guess call at 8 and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will bypass the secretary and ask the doc how it works.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She's nice though. Not much choice in this small town.

      Delete
  3. And I have to see a nurse or wait 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete