Monday, 25 January 2016

Loving Couple

 
Our very own

While I admit we are vegetable virgins when it comes to planting seed, you can at least be assured they are organically grown but wouldn't make it to the shops. A bonus though is showing the odd ones to one's grandchidren, who are suitably intrigued and able to take the mishap to school for "Show and Tell". I might also add that we have also had quite a respectable number of regulation-shaped carrots to bring to the table, along with some nice beans and one large beetroot.  I realise that one could Google 'mishapen vegetables' if one were interested, but it doesn't come near the excitement of parental pride when pulling the thing out of the ground oneself.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Those carrots went to a kindergarten show and tell? I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Sorry - I've been trying to delete my grammatical errors: I meant to say : "One might have had to explain the meaning of 'spoons' (LOL)

      Delete
  2. I want to grow a garden and had planned on one next spring but we didn't do any of the pre-work like sod removal or fertilizing so it might have to wait an additional year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make a very cute couple.

    ReplyDelete