Friday, 6 November 2015

Hubby's latest....

 
Only my husband...

At last, a shirt I can throw away!  Hubby came upstairs rather sheepishly from the garage yesterday, mumbling that his shirt had 'caught fire'.  Although it was a favorite he has agreed to a parting of the ways (only I suspect, because this glaring hole would be embarrassing should anyone see it). It would also give our children yet another cause to worry about us.  Still, I can extend it's life a little: being pure cotton, it will cut up into lots of nice polishing rags. Waste not want not.

5 comments:

  1. Let me guess, he was sweating copper pipe and leaned into the torch flame. Does his belly have a match red mark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grinding with angle grinder to cut rods to put into section of concrete . Yes, have just inspected red mark. Hair burnt off around it - was tended to with toothpaste, very soothing apparently. I wasn't around for this - was more worried about shirt.

      Delete
  2. Some shirts are fine to just wear in the garage until it is full of holes--kind of like an artist smock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I would agree, but my husband grew up in a small town where he had to have his hair washed and best clothes on to go the shop to buy the newspaper.

      Delete
    2. But have had idea .....have cut off piece of pocket to make almost invisible patch. I recall I have done this before.

      Delete