Thursday, 3 September 2015

Don't try this at Home

Yes well, this lady had the right idea

........So I was watching the children jumping on their trampoline and thought I remembered a few moves from my high school days I could show them.  Reassured that I had recently emptied my bladder, I climbed aboard and thought I would begin with a jump to the sitting position, so I launched myself to a decent height, raised my legs to the straight position, horizontal to the ground and then descended.  Ouch!??!!  Somewhat shocked, I realised that on landing my 67 kg weight had caused the springy trampoline to hit the ground underneath, thus dealing me quite a wallop on my bottom, jarring my spine a bit and almost winding me. Too late I remembered that the tramps at school had been chest-height and this children's one was only - about 18" above ground level. More haste, less speed, more brain.  Such are the penalties of wanting to show off.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like having grand kids around to keep your mind young and your body in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Whacking your bottom like that is a young person's sport. Understandable how you did it, but do be careful. Thank goodness you were not seriously hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on a tire swing, the rope broke, it hurt bad. I was in Kindergarten. Have remembered that pain my entire life. I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise! Most of my memories are about climbing extremely high trees, getting vertigo and not being able to get down. (why do we do it?)

      Delete