Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Bee Sting Cures




My aged joints
Sting still in - didn't hurt much
Now on holiday at relatives who are retired and  bee-keepers, we spent an intriguing afternoon getting ourselves purposely stung by the little kamikaze doctors, each overcoming our cowardice one by one as we queued up for our punishment. We are assured that bee stings cure all kinds of ailments where other treatments have failed.  The thing is we are all oldish and wary of living on anti-inflammatories and other patent medicines and pain-killers.  Off we went in the car to where they keep their hives, my brother-in-law donned his protective clothing and headgear and went off to gather a glass bottle full of bees to bring back to the house.  Their compatriots back at the hive followed the car anxiously for quite a way and brother-in-law only got in once they had all disappeared. By the time we got to the house all the bees were angrily buzzing around inside the bottle. One at a time they were released whereupon they immediately flew to the window panes whence they could easily be picked up with a tweezer. Once placed on the chosen part of the recipient's anatomy - in my case my worst swollen finger, the captive is squeezed a little harder to make him sting. This hurts somewhat but it is quite fascinating watching the bee run round in circles trying to extricate his tail, hopelessly of course as he will die some moments later.  It sounds cruel, I know, but many of us are a little desperate concerning our aches and pains. My other brother-in-law asked for and received six stings in both knees, his wife had stings in both thumb joints at the wrist, I had two in my finger and our hostess two in her ankle.  The following day we are all itchy, red and swollen and now we await results....... I'll keep you posted. NB As we all stayed very calm during the process, no-one had an allergic reaction which it is thought is caused by adrenalin.  Celestemine was on stand-by just in case. NNBB - I can't post a pic from Internet from my i-pad.

5 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law does this on a regular basis. I am glad I have relatively few aches and pains so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of aches and pains and the last time I got stung by a bee, I noted no improvement. The damned sting hurt like hell though. I don't have the intestinal fortitude to subject myself to this treatment intentionally.

    Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thinks it needs to be exactly on the painful spot.

      Delete
  3. YOU. ARE. INSANE.
    My last sting was while riding my bike at 30MPH down a hill a couple miles from home. That little &^$#@ was a black & white hornet; got my forearm and wouldn't let go. While I was trying to slow down I watched his body convulse as he sent more and more poison into my arm. It swelled and scared the bejeebers out of me and it hurt like the dickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. two weeks later - all of us are noticing improvements ! I am going to carry on when I get home.... anti-histamine at the ready of course.

      Delete