Saturday, 11 April 2015

A Petulant Post



I shouldn't even write this post but it's so nice to get a gripe or two down on paper - even if no-one reads it.  It's called I recall "letting off steam".  Sometimes there are times when nothing seems to go right.  We've had endless problems getting our swimming pool put in.  First there was the encounter with huge granite boulders after they had dug down a metre. After two ear-splitting days of two jack-hammers ( a baby followed by an expensive big guy), we gave in and agreed to re-order a shallower pool than the one we wanted. Actually, this should not have been surprising as we live on the side of a hill. Then something leaked/sucked air as huge bubbles constantly burst into the pool: no-one heeded my husband's hunch that the leaks were in the joins in the pipes and they should check before cementing in the paving. No, they said, it was just the solar heating tubes on the roof.  After three weeks of trying out this theory to no avail - the paving was finally broken up to reveal - leaking joints.  Also, the motor overheated at some point and my husband has demanded a new one. Then, after me defeating our garden tortoise for some weeks by placing chicken wire over my seedlings  a caterpillar got in and ate the lot. I was almost speechless with rage particularly as the offender seems to be invisible and I cannot vent my spleen by stepping on him.  You already know about the plumbing disaster in the laundry room.  So no-one swam over Easter. What else? Oh yes, I have had such a bout of feeling sorry for myself that I have done nothing constructive this week and even sulked because I have finished my knitting and my puzzle and have no new project at the moment. I am even more fed up because hubby is working like a demon building a retaining wall at the back of the house and my only useful role seems to be providing endless mugs of coffee and tea.  We had a very bad moment when he didn't even notice the one cup and knocked it flying.  I think I must get my life back and stop moaning.  Today was better - I packed my car to the rafters yesterdays with 'stuff' for the local boot sale.  I made almost no money, but I did meet a number of nice people and have created more space in our house.  I feel much better now. Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

  1. Glad I despise swimming. What a comedy of errors, and it has to especially hurt after your husband stated to check the joints.

    I hope your troubles iron out. But Fiftyodd remember what we long term marrieds always say, despite the bullshit life hands out. We are blessed to have those wonderful spice (vague attempt at a plural of spouse), even if he does knock the coffee cup down.

    In any event, there is nothing like a good blogging bitch-out, to feel your fingers fly over the keys in righteous indignation. Feel better now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, much. So glad I can touch-type. Also glad have had only one spouse to contend with. Couldn't have managed multiple spices. (Giggle) My biggest problem is that the more problems we encounter, the more he rises to the challenge - whereas my pathetic self just wishes we could run away. I don't like the way his multiple good points seem to bring my bad ones into sharp focus. I guess that's the benefit of opposites attracting. Nature knows best.

      Delete
    2. By spice I wasn't accusing of polyandry, I met our collective spice, yours and mine.

      All forces good and bad need balanced. You keep your husband from flying off the face of the earth and he keeps you from the pits of despair.

      Delete
  2. Glad things are getting sorted out. I like a good rant every once it while - it clears my mind and gets all those emotions out on paper, instead on someone else.

    As for the worm...I'd be livid too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only answer to the pests is perhaps to spray but I dislike doing this on vegetables. It always seems pretty poisonous to me despite what the instructions say. Or I shall just have to plant in bulk in order to share. Feeling much better today.

      Delete