Monday, 2 February 2015

Compulsory Relaxation




Me - relaxed
From Here to Eternity
Our local fishermen
We actually went for a walk on our marvelous beach this morning. It was one of those rare days when the wind had died down to almost nothing and hubby was compelled to take a day off as yesterday his ladder threw him off (one of the rubbers underneath had worn away and it collapsed to one side) so that he fell on top of various hard items on the garage floor. This caused a fair amount of scratches and bruises and a shoulder sprain sufficient to warrant a day of rest. I hope these pics give you an idea of our wonderful lagoon on a nice day. It is about 16 miles long and home to most water sports with a protected nature reserve further in where motor boats are not allowed. In the distance (a long way) behind me - South America. The barren-looking landscape is typical of this West coast of South Africa and the island in the background is host to a special rabbit introduced maybe 200 years ago by the first settlers.  There was no grass on the island and the animals have survived by learning to eat seaweed.  Apparently their kidneys are now three times the size of a regular rabbit. We share the beach with our local fisherman.

6 comments:

  1. Good God put a leash on hubby, he is always getting hurt. Thank God he didn't seriously get hurt this time.

    What a lovely beach. You live in a very beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrapes have healed nicely with sister-in-law's home-made beeswax ointment. Shoulder aggravated by fall on the farm six months ago. Interesting living near the sea. Hefty mist this morning. Can't see a thing yet..

      Delete
  2. What a great place to spend some relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we chose well. Fantastically relaxing after tourists have left.

      Delete
  3. I've read a fair amount of blog posts over the last five years that describe people falling from ladders. I'm thinking that the over-50 crowd (that includes me) should let the younsters handle it. :) I'm glad your husband didn't get too battered up.

    Your beach is lusciously beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear you have read some past posts. I used to get a lot of pleasure describing my eccentric dad's antics. Now that he has gone, I have to get my fun ditto my husband who shares many of my dad's ways

      Delete