Sunday, 20 July 2014

Priorities

 
Google image

I think it's quite interesting what people forget to pack when they go away in a hurry.  We had visitors this week-end at our other house, and in our hurry I forgot my moisturizer and my husband forgot his aftershave.  My visitor forgot her hairdryer. We had clothes, essential meds, our books and our reading glasses though - and lots of food. I also forgot my house keys  (my husband had his), because they were in my knitting bag, but as my friend doesn't knit, I had left that bag at home. Can it be that items of vanity are at the bottom of all our lists of priorities? What essentials have you forgotten to pack?

4 comments:

  1. I thought I forgot my phone on the last trip I took. It turns out I had it all along, but I went two weeks without making or receiving a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a typed list on my computer that I print each time travel. It is very detailed, down to floss and nail clippers (which "should" be in a cosmetic bag). I check off each item as I'm packing. Still a job that I hate because I can't decide on the "white shirt or the blue shirt" and end up taking both - too much!

    Reading glasses - I try never to forget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Anita keep a computerized list from back in my business trip days. I used to have to take a lot of tools and test equipment so I had a work list that I kept and it naturally evolved into a personal list. Quite handy. My list even had pain killers, vitamins, fish oil, and glucosamine chondroitin which used to work pretty good until I read that it was useless. I still take it just in case it does work. Having a somewhat pricey placebo that reduces pain is far more cost effective than free truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband & I are triathletes and two years ago we went to the Ironman venue in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho to do a test ride on the bike course. Of course he forgot his cycling shoes and we ended up buying him another pair, when I was the one who needed them. Silly man.

    ReplyDelete