Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Short and Sweet


Although you could be forgiven for thinking this would be about all my daughter's previous boyfriends (I could never understand her preference for short men),  it actually means I am writing a very short post.  It occurred to me yesterday that the only two things my husband finds fault with in me are that I never notice when he has had a haircut and I have never in all our 36 married years remembered our Anniversary, no, not even the first one. Yesterday was no different (thank you for your congratulations) - 36 years on 25th Feb. There was one difference: this year he forgot as well.  In the end we both received text messages from big son (who had set up a reminder on his Facebook): we then guiltily texted each other (pretending we had remembered).  Of course, we were found out later in the day, but had a good laugh.  I haven't yet paused to examine the psychology of why I have these two failures, one of observation and one of memory and why they upset my husband.  I think it has something to do with personality types. 

10 comments:

  1. Mike and I often forgot our anniversary, but we always said we celebrated being together every day so the wedding anniversary did get celebrated all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I'm sure you still feel Mike with you all the time.

      Delete
  2. I just read a blog post yesterday (Tabor's blog) where she wondered why she has such a problem with numbers; i.e. forgetting important dates of all types- birthdays, ages of kids and grankids, anniversaries... I was surprised at how many of her readers responded with similar stories. And now I read yours! Though, maybe it's just the anniversary with you.

    I cheat... I put it on a calendar.

    Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the good wishes. NB - I don't dare forget my grandchildren's birthdays: my children would be highly offended.

      Delete
  3. ps. Does your daughter have a taller man in her life now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. If anything, he's a tad shorter than the others but we love him to bits.

      Delete
  4. o and you are just too great. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what youre saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous website.Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is extremely kind of you. I have to admit I have been a bit 'blogged out' lately, as I try not to be too banal. I am glad you dug around a bit in older posts as I think my best ones were about six years ago. You have given me a tremendous boost today - as I don't get many comments and tend to think only about 3 people like my attempts because of this. I also don't subscribe myself to many blogs as I do like to commit to reading others' work every day.

      Delete
  5. Has anyone used Streamtorrent as their p to p program? Any comments about it?
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you forget an anniversary and it don't matter, that means one of two things 1) you really have a strong marriage or 2) you have an apathetic marriage. I know in your case it is option #1 so congratulations! Thirty six years is something to celebrate about!

    ReplyDelete