Friday, 11 October 2013

Music to My Ears

 
Google image - at least I didn't do this

So I was at the coffee shop with my buddies, having gone to a morning movie "RED2"  (not very good) and we were catching up as we hadn't seen each other for a couple of months.  I was relating my reluctance to contact our insurance company - for the second time this year - this time to confess that I had damaged my car.  Well it was a dark night, I had our new dishwasher in my trunk and my husband insisted that we off-load it while small son was miraculously around to help. My garage is awkward to back into at the best of times due to a kink in our driveway, and I still maintain that small son had parked further over than he usually does.  No matter. While they man-handled the machine into the house, I backed my car towards my garage to put it away. Imagine my surprise when I heard this 'crunching' noise. I got out and to my amazement saw that I had backed into the raised wooden door with my hatchback still open, damaging both. (A bit fell off the garage and there was an alarming dent in the hatchback door.) In my haste to rectify the situation, I then scraped the left side back corner of my car against the white wall of the garage and dented that as well.  You can imagine my husband's face. I was so delighted when the lady next to me leaned over and whispered in my ear,  "Don't feel bad, I've done that too."

2 comments:

  1. Hunks of iron and plastic, pieces of wood. Not one nerve ending twitching. Don't sweat the small stuff....

    Psssst...its all small stuff.

    ReplyDelete