Thursday, 31 October 2013

Good Old British Humor - those pesky ear-phones

 
My favorite palm-sized radio that I can't live without

It's really interesting what tickles people's funny bone. The only show I sometimes laugh out loud at is : 'Miranda', a British sit-com starring the tall and lumpish Miranda Hart, who has issues with herself, her mother and her best friend and who runs a Joke shop.  (Check out some clips on YouTube).  My husband can't stand her - but then he has a complex about his figure and doesn't enjoy shows like this - it's really chick-stuff but I find it hilarious.  In one episode, Miranda sits down to listen on her ear-pieces to some music but finds the wires all in a tangle.  She tries ineffectually to sort out the knots for some minutes, then gets so frustrated, she picks up the scissors and cuts off the long bits, putting only the cut-off ends into her ears, whence she grins hugely, relaxes and pretends to listen to the music.  It made me laugh (as we do at the unexpected) - but also because I've been tempted to do the same thing. I've found a partial solution to my problem though.  I keep my earphones wound around a toilet roll and when I want to go to the gym, I hang them carefully round my neck when I leave the house.  Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment