Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Birthday Suit Birthday

Grandson preparing to blow candles
If you don't have a family member, aged 2,  with a birthday in the sweltering summer months, you perhaps won't relate to these pictures.  My granddaughter's second birthday was to my ears, complete chaos, with parents milling around, keeping eagle eyes on their offspring re the swimming pool, while the other granny and I tried and failed to find a quiet corner in which to chat.   How great is it to be of an age when clothes mean nothing and innocence is the order of the day.  My granddaughter had to be hauled out of the swimming pool to blow out the candles on her cake. As you might expect, her 4-year-old brother couldn't resist and as she drew breath, he blew out the candles for her. I loved the second pic  - taken 4 minutes after the first. I promise we had not given her anything alcoholic! There must have been 20 grown-ups and countless children at this party. This great hit was the hire of the kiddie rides. My granddaughter was reportedly riding away by herself in the dark, after all the guests had finally gone home.  And yes, I am mindful of how much bare, baby flesh to reveal on the Internet.

3 comments:

  1. Well it looks like that crowd of little hooligans had blast at your grand daughter's party. And you have a nice collection of photos to show her boy friend in 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s exactly what I was looking for!nice job for posting this.

    ReplyDelete