Thursday, 7 March 2013

And now to things creative....


I have FINISHED my jigsaw.  Ta-ra!  14 months and as wide as I am high (1.65m).
It almost defeated me at one point and then I used my brain a bit and finally did it. Funny, even as you place the final six pieces, each one laid down changes the possible shape of the one next to it. Fascinating (to a puzzler.)  We are going to frame this one - which will be quite a feat.  Apparently, you place a matching sized piece of hardboard on top, then turn the whole thing over and glue the underneath. When dry, you can turn it over again onto whatever frame. My husband plans to do this and make the frame "when he retires." Meanwhile, the whole thing rests inside a box (which he made for me with a lid) on top of the table, thus usefully widening said table when we have guests. Eventually, the jigsaw will reside on a wall upstairs in the large 'new' room we built on upstairs at our seaside holiday/retirement house. At least, that's my plan: my husband says he wants a row of cupboards in that space...

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your puzzle completion and good luck with the framing.

    You know if you applied the glue while you were doing the puzzle framing would be simpler. To make it interesting apply instant super glue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. I was quite happy to leave it where it is (it's actually in it's own edged tray inside the box lid.) I didn't think of gluing it as I went along. Good idea. But hubby wasn't happy about it.

      Delete
    2. ... actually, the box bottom.

      Delete
    3. Actually I was being a smart ass. Well maybe you are very good at doing puzzles. I try a piece at least 50 times before I find where it fits. My glued puzzle would be a work of abstract art.

      Delete
  2. I vote for the puzzle over the cupboards! You should be able to see and enjoy the puzzle and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your vote. I am sure I shall get my way.

    ReplyDelete