Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Dull and Boring


Although I do think of myself and dull and boring increasingly these days  (witness lack of posts), it is not in this context that I mention these adjectives today.  They are in fact the names of recently twinned towns - Dull, a tiny town in Scotland with 25 homes, and Boring - a small town in America with a population of 25 000.  For this item of trivia, I have to thank our morning radio programme, which features a 5-minute slot from its correspondent, Adam Gilchrist in London each morning.  He always finds a story to raise a smile. Now that's a change from the norm. .....maybe when I've finished my mammoth 5000 piece puzzle I can address the issue of my dull and boring self.  It's 3/4 done now. I'll post a picture when I've done all the remaining 'blue' bits.

4 comments:

  1. I have been to Crapo Maryland, which I was assured by long term residents is pronounced with a long A.

    Dull and Boring would certainly be towns where I could thrive. There is a great comfort in the usual, ease in the mundane.

    Dull is never having to be sorry for being boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever. As long as you never hide your brilliance under a bushel in the cyberworld. That reminds me: when Google forces us to use the new layout in two months' time, can you please standby to show me how to find things? So far, I can only find the "Write a Post" page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so love to live in Dull. You'd never be short of a conversation at a party, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AT least you would know that there were people living in an almost identically-named place, so you would be in good company.

    ReplyDelete