Tuesday, 20 March 2012

People Who Need People


I met the most delightful couple last week-end at my granddaughter's 1st birthday party. They are only my daughter's neighbours, but they are so open-hearted and generous, they have taken my daughter's family under their wing - they love her children and always bring lovely thoughtful gifts for their birthdays and Christmas. They often have the family over for a Bar-B-Q and just can't seem to do enough for anyone that comes into their lives. They have their own teenage daughter and son (delightful as well, charming and well-behaved) and needless to say, the family dog is just a sweetheart.  Life was not always so good for them, but it happens that both husband and wife have worked hard, started their own business and it has been doing very well for them for the past few years. This week-end they were looking forward to spoiling his parents, who are celebrating their 50th Wedding anniversary, by re-taking their vows - flowers will festoon the house for the occasion.  As a surprise they are being taken to a smart restaurant and then on a four-day boat cruise, with some other members of the family.  I have rarely come across two people who exude such love and affection for themselves and others.  It gave the whole joyful afternoon added radiance: I came home with a special grin on my face.

7 comments:

  1. Its so nice to meet people with such Love in their hearts. It makes you want to be a better person. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives we forget that there is so much we can do for others if we just take the time to do them.
    Thanks and Have a great Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, you feel so good when you do.

      Delete
  2. Interesting couple. Obviously the world could use many more like them. Reading the headlines day in and day out of all the killing and misery in the world, such people re-affirm our believe that maybe we are something more that electro-chemical goo bags that evolved out of the swamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Right on, Sextant, as always/

      Delete
  3. I say be loving and kind to others, I lost my mom and dad young, never had them much in my entire lives, but they were kind & loving people always open to helping and giving love and affection..In their honor that is how I treat people, I hate selfish people, I know they never had the parents I had or they would be open and loving and kind! I am only going to pass this way on this earth once why not be sweet, loving and kind, it makes a person feel so much better than being the other way..happy 1st birthday to your grand daughter too! ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. Live this way and we have nothing to regret.It's nice to meet people whose example we can follow.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the birthday wishes - I am so sorry you didn't get to have your mom and dad for longer.

    ReplyDelete