Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Passport Paranoia


Off to the UK again tomorrow - early flight. Nice.  But the bad part is - although I've checked my passport, money, ticket a thousand times,  I seem to have an Obsessive/Compulsive disorder in this respect.  I know that tomorrow morning I shall be driven to the airport by my husband and in my hands will be clutched the above-mentioned documents, so that they cannot possibly escape.  I also know that my dreams tonight will be filled with missed flights, lost documents, me being lost in strange towns etc. etc.  When I am successfully checked in I shall look amazed at the lady behind the desk - can there really be no hitch?  Does anyone travel in carefree fashion?  Can anyone supply any tips or is it just that I am getting old?  My dad has now been in the rehab hospital since New Year and I hear that he wants to come home - but keeps picking up hospital infections. My sister-in-law, who visits him every day, says the worst thing for him is that he cannot (being blind) imagine his surroundings.  That's why he wants to come home, to a place which he can picture in his mind. Sorry for not blogging lately - heatwave here for three weeks - 100 degrees plus.  Also had visitors for the last week... we are all getting old - one came for a colonoscopy and another sister-in-law to have her stents checked.  Thankfully, both are so far OK. Visitors left this morning.  More from the UK...  very cold there, I believe....

4 comments:

  1. I do the same exact thing with the dreams. When I worked every Sunday night sleeping (if I didn't work the weekend) was far worse than Monday morning actually working. All these stupid dreams of things going awry, and then wake up and worry about things and go back to sleep and right back into the same stupid dream where I left off. Sometimes it was a pleasure just to get up and get ready for work.

    Well good luck with your trip to the UK. It is a shame that your father is in such poor health. I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, SExtant. Got here OK - lots of pretty, crunchy snow all round as temp remains zero in daytime, less at night. So far, so good. HOspital treats dad well, although they have already lost one of his hearing aids and his best pair of pyjamas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, SExtant. Got here OK - lots of pretty, crunchy snow all round as temp remains zero in daytime, less at night. So far, so good. HOspital treats dad well, although they have already lost one of his hearing aids and his best pair of pyjamas.

    ReplyDelete