Friday, 6 January 2012

Space Saver - Costume Jewellery


Like most paranoid people, I keep my valuable jewellery in the safe, but what to do with the increasing number of cute necklaces that I can't resist?  Either they get all tangled up in a box or on a stand or...  Now I keep them on the same hangers in my wardrobe, as the outfits they match - with some latitude for mix 'n match according to the mood or projected image for the day.  A further tip - when I hang up my clothes after laundering, I always choose the same end of the wardrobe - so that if I bump in to anyone who knows me (I don't care really, but it's fun) - I won't be wearing the same thing 3 days in a row.  I am one of those people who would have loved to wear a uniform to work so that I didn't have to make a time-consuming choice every day.  This one's for you, Sextant - if you have managed to read thus far - I place my husband's clean underpants at the bottom of the pile in his cupboard to ensure that they all get rotated and wear at the same rate.  There! I bet you can't think of something intelligent to say about this post?  These are not topics that occupy the minds of men.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visit and comment. Enjoyed account of your storage strategies. My niece has a similar strategy for her costume jewelry. Add the fact that she really couldn't remember what she had and no time to rummage (working, single mom of a toddler) and her solution was rows of small nails on one wall of her bedroom. She can see at a glance what goes with her outfit of the day as well as what matches her mood. And it makes a surprisngly attractive wall, too.Loved the view in your header. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless. Good strategy on the valuable jewelry and the underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spammed again, this guy needs hit.

    ReplyDelete