Friday, 1 July 2011

Bridesmaids - The Movie


What are movie producers thinking of to send out such an awful trailer for this film? My friends are I made a note to avoid it like the plague - until our favourite reviewer gave it the thumbs up.  We went reluctantly to see it and - surprise!  What a delightful, sensitive, brilliantly witty, even delicate expose of the intricacies of female friendships.  There are moments of comedy that are simply inspired, and we can all envy Kristen Wiig's gorgeous legs - which are shown to advantage in every shot.  I really recommend this lovely, original film, although at two hours it is a bit long.  Can't think which bits I would cut though: everything was relevant - even the awful scene in the bridal shop is not so bad when seen in context. Give the movie a go!

5 comments:

  1. I hate the way movie trailers seem to be so deceiving. I've watched movies because the trailer looked great just to discover that they tacked together several little scenes to make it look like one really good scene and sometimes, they used scenes that didn't even show up in the movie!

    I'm glad it turned out to be a good movie for you! It doesn't sound like one I'd be very interested in though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, definitely a chick flick. Men just don't do complex when it comes to their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds interesting. My husband, my usual companion to the movie house, would probably balk at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see this movie more now! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosaria - I am deeply awed that your husband goes to movies with you! Mine has been twice in 33 years.

    ReplyDelete