Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Ungrateful and Perverse


For some time now – about 10 months – I’ve been unable to lower the roller blind in our kitchen.  The mechanism seems to have lost its ‘oomph’ and the sprockets don’t hold.  I have to ever so gently support the bottom part, then slowly pull it up and, holding my breath, release it and pray that it will stay up. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t, in which case I am plunged in darkness or artificial light for most of the day.  I’ve mentioned this to hubby about six times over this time period and have met with disinterestd grunts – until the day came when I was away and he needed some light in the kitchen himself. Hey Presto!  When I came home – it was fixed.  Nothing to it, I was told!   Grrrrr!  The funny thing is that when I now come to pull up the blind every morning, it works perfectly and I am suffused with annoyance at my husband on a daily basis.  I suppose I should be grateful?

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely terrible about this kind of thing! My wife will tell me about something and I will put it off so long that sometimes she just tries to figure it out herself! She is pretty handy that way but sometimes I end up having to replace instead of repair! :) I really do have good intentions but I do maintenance all day long at work and I hate coming home to more! :(

    I have really been trying harder lately though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you should but I do sympathise with your reasons for tardiness. I also admire your wife. Actually, this is one of the best ways to get one's hubbie galvanised - try to fix it oneself and make a big mess!

    ReplyDelete