Tuesday, 25 January 2011

My Brother's Study - "Logmein"

My brother's shoulder to the right.

Keyboard indicates position of computer
Thanks to 'Retired Teacher'  I have discovered that I can change my Blog settings to allow several photos to be uploaded into the same blog at different cursor positions.  Trying it.  So far - I've lost the second amazing view of my brother's study.  Perhaps I had to upload both together and then move them around. Must check.  Anyway,  The point is that while my son is in London, who is to help me fix my computer?  My brother, although a PC genius (see pic),  has a hectic life and I don't like to bother him.  His study is the smallest room in the house. After 12 years of accumulating 'stuff', one can just pick one's way through the debris to perch in front of his (large) screen.  There is no longer any room at all on which to place a cup of coffee!  He NEVER throws anything away.  My son, however, has resolved the dilemma by installing the programme "Logmein"  (Log-me-in) onto both out computers so that he can solve my problems remotely at the swish of a mouse.  I can't tell you what a relief it is to see the cursor travelling all over the screen, opening and shutting things and doing it all by itself! I just sit back and wait to be told to take back the reins.  Oh, that's my brother's shoulder to the right of the first pic. He is sitting at his machine. I think are another three computers under his desk.

4 comments:

  1. Logmein is absolutely phenominal! I have been using it for a while now and don't know how I ever lived without it! I have 13 computers total connected to my personal and work accounts! I even have one computer at home that doesn't even have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor connected to it because I only use logmein to work with it! It is cool to watch the computer work "all by itself" isn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother's study looks like my husband's office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to make the addition of more photos work for you. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Book Nut - you and I seem to have so much in common! What grieves me about my brother is that he is extremely unreasonable with his two boys - whose bedrooms closely resemble his own study. They are constantly berated (and punished!) for their untidy rooms. NB. shades of "do as I say, not as I do"

    ReplyDelete