Sunday, 9 January 2011

All Hands on Deck



Catch up.... March 31st, 2009


Have you ever seen more people trying to bath a 3-day old? This is the one thing my daughter has allowed me to help with as she didn’t get a demonstration in the lamentable 1.1/2 days that she got to spend in the maternity ward. I do think we were lucky years ago when ‘de rigeur’ we spent 7 days in hospital with the first baby and 5 for the second. The nurses taught us everything. My mother-in-law told me they used to spend 14 days in bed (albeit at home) being waited on. I think the girls have it very hard today. Still, baby was very patient with us. Those are his gran’s hands, his mother’s and one of his granddad’s! Hey, I am really a white person - it’s just that I get so hot (blame menopause), I can’t bear to have my arms covered in summer and get a tan very easily. Oh, the hole in the vanity slab is where they haven’t fitted the re-cast basins yet.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 3 people trying to bath a baby! So cute.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit! I am way behind because of Christmas commitments.

    ReplyDelete