Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Privileged Gran and Car Seats

April, 2008 ...... catching up..


Well I did have some plans for today but scrapped them to help our daughter get her little one into the car and into town so that she could hand in her forms for her Maternity Benefit. This is how he arrived at my house last week - five days old! I do not approve of these ‘foetus-shaped’ car seats as I believe a baby should lie flat when tiny - but I am not allowed to say anything as a ‘paediatrician’ designed the seat. Well, today a week later, he got really uncomfortable and hot curled up in this thing and I worry terribly about his neck not having enough support. Anyway….., it is a hectic journey with lots of queuing so I was able to help by sitting in the car park with our baby while she dashed off, having calculated that he would be alright for half an hour as she had just fed him. What a delight to gaze at a sleeping, contented babe (now stretched out on my lap)! She just made it back before he started to miss her. That is because the queue was so long she couldn’t possibly join it half way through the day and also she had forgotten to get her forms signed by her employer. Now we are at my house - chaos with baby stuff strewn all over - and she has taken him for a walk in the pram. I have opted to lie on the couch and read my book for half an hour. Phew, this new baby stuff is exhausting. We have to try for the U.I.F. thing again tomorrow - leaving at the crack of dawn!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that the new baby isn't yours? You get to enjoy and then hand back to Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I can comment again - but only on Firefox. My Safari browser is putting blocks on things! Yes, Linda, great to hand them back!

    ReplyDelete