Sunday, 29 August 2010

Groom's Wedding speech




I don’t know if as a parent, one is ever 100% certain that one’s child has chosen the right partner. How could we be? We are not the one who is in love. It does help when the best man tells of how our two went out together in their last year at school and then broke up for a few years - during which, says he, our son drove him mad wishing they were back together. They then took up their relationship again and went off to London where they had good times and bad times and testing times and after six years there, they have finally tied the knot. I was very moved by my son’s speech which was more mature and considered than I had expected. His last words echo in my ears a lot when he said at the end to his new wife after telling her he loved her, “I couldn’t imagine my life without you.” I'm still doing my catch up of old blogs for blogspot - this is now two years ago. Stay with me....

1 comment:

  1. Parents do sometimes feel like that when their son or daughter is moving out and having someone to live with for the rest of their lives. Life is a cycle and it's time that your child has to go on his own building his new family.

    ReplyDelete