Friday, 21 May 2010

Serviette Thief




It’s always a pleasant surprise to find a coffee shop/restaurant that actually provides lovely linen table napkins but it shouldn’t be such a delight that one walks off with one! I enjoyed a leisurely lunch with a girlfriend last week and got home to find to my surprise that I had put the smart black napkin into my handbag - the explanation being that I do carry around a shopping bag that looks much the same. Much ashamed, I returned it the next day (much to the surprise of the waiter - judging by his dazed expression). To further make up for my perfidy, I sat down and had something to eat, noting with amusement how quickly he removed the other two table settings. He should check the grey hairs - just a menopause moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment