Thursday, 20 May 2010

The LIttle Things




My children, sadly, have always lived across the other side of the world from their grandparents and now that they are grown up, they hardly remember my husband’s parents and they don’t really know mine. Thus when my daughter was in England for a ‘gap’ year, she tried to visit them as often as she could although it was a 3-hour journey from London. Once they went to a pub for lunch and my daughter noticed that grandma could not get around too well that day - her arthritis - so she went to fetch her lunch for her saying, “Don’t worry, Grandma, I’ll look after you.” Such a very small thing but my mother remembers those words to this day - a number of years later and every now and again she quotes them to me over the phone - just that small act seems to have made a tremendous impression on her. It seems hard to believe. (NB. This is a 'Google Image' pic - not my family - although the daughter looks much like mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment