Saturday, 8 May 2010

Almost a Sexy Night




I have decided to share another Dolphin story. You are all familiar, I trust, with the vibrator shaped like a dolphin which has the magical side attachment and dual motor? I hesitated to blog about this on the grounds that it is one thing to talk about things that are harmlessly long in the past but when it is a question of last week…. In the end, I felt that I owe this true story to our post-menopausal cyber sisterhood out there as there is much to be learnt from it. After all, I can always delete it from my home PC as there is no doubt that my children would not want to read it - no child likes to know that its parents have a sex life - unless they are under 5 years old in which case they are very interested. But I digress.. As I am now 59, hormones are not what they used to be in spite of HRT and ‘things’ can be a bit of an effort sometimes to the point that I was feeling guilty about deflecting my husband’s attentions a couple of times recently in various tactless ways, like falling asleep. So one night when I woke up, the usual insomnia of menopause striking at about midnight, I decided to make amends and pretending an ardour I was not feeling, I thought I would make some advances. A while later I could see I wasn’t having much success at which point he mumbled sleepily, “Can’t you rather fetch the dolphin - its got new batteries”.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also writing about approaching 60 and retirement...but you are brave to write about this topic. I'm blushing just reading it! You'd think that at my age I would be past that. I enjoyed the story and your retirement home looks lovely. I'm just working on a piece about learning how to age, and the universe is sending me messages...your sidebar ads are all about menopause! I had to laugh.
    http://benchmark60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I shall be reading your blog lots. There are not so many of us out there. I have concluded it takes a determined sense of humor to survive menopause and sharing the tribulations with our cyber sisters is a great help.

    ReplyDelete