Thursday, 22 April 2010

In the Same Vein

Everyone says I am very like my dad, except that I am a bit clueless regarding matters of physics. I was cooking something in a rather large frying pan in a sauce last night and I couldn’t find the lid that fits so I put a smaller one on. In no time at all, a vacuum had created itself and I couldn’t even lever a knife underneath to get if off. So I left it to cool down. Later we heard a loud pop, as we sat watching TV and I went to investigate. To my total disbelief (thinking my contact lenses were somehow distorted), I saw that the saucepan lid of my trusty 30-year-old stainless steel Aloe cookware had a huge dent in it. Frightened of an explosion of some kind to follow, I slunk away and confessed to my husband who gave me a withering look but went to sort it out. Amazingly, he got it off and popped it back to its normal shape. The frying pan was unharmed. Blood is thicker than water, I thought, slightly inaccurately - but you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. That's kinda cool.. as long as no one got hurt. I thought you were going to say it was stuck to the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been my pancakes one time. Great to have you drop by. Sorry - have been away and busy. CAn't get used to my son working in my study. He makes noise. I am used to solitude. Will get back to normal a.s.a.p.

    ReplyDelete