Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Mature Mom



The tea lady (aged 42) was having a good laugh the other day in my husband’s office - and not only because she was handing over the 5 kilograms of wet tea-bags. First, she noticed (huge guffaws) that my husband’s fly was open (so much for having a new zip put in last week!) Second, she told him that she was six months pregnant. Now Margaret is not a small lady and has grown up children already so my husband joked with her and asked her why she wanted another child at her age? More huge laughs: “Ach, meneer - dis net dit my man het nog baaie lewe in hom!” (“Oh sir, it’s just that my husband still has lots of life in him! (Afrikaans). No worries. I am sure that this will be a healthy baby and will grow up in a loving stable home. I wish that my daughter could be as relaxed about her first - but then the tea lady can’t afford those terrifying tests.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, she seems so casual about it. I would be running around screaming NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me tooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete