Thursday, 12 November 2009

Heart-Rending Love Story


October 24th 2007

We all have our favourite romantic film but an interview with Claude LeLouch on our TV recently reminded me forcibly of mine and I never knew who the director was until now. It was called “A Man and a Woman” (in French), it starred Anouk Aimée and Jean-Louis Trintignant and it was released in 1966 when I was 16. I was entranced. Now I see that the famous director/producer/script writer & cameraman to boot, made the film on a tight budget. He was asked about the significance of the indoor scenes - shot in black and white - which it was thought gave it great artistic significance. Oh, he smiled, it was just much cheaper than colour. This modest, quiet man then commented that Hollywood movies today are big on budget, low on plot whereas his own movies tend to be small money but dealing with complicated subjects. He was in the news because his latest film “Cross-tracking” (I think) was shown at a film festival at the same time as “Oceans 13”. When his film was over it received a standing ovation for no less than 20 minutes. Got to see that.

3 comments:

  1. I so wish I could get to a theater to see any movie. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love 1 love girl whose name is :farhana rahman jt" i lover her much but she not love me for 1 second, i hope it is so much hart randing for me . many night i cry for her lonly, many night i cnn't sleer , it is so much excruciating when saw laang time waiting in her mobile, oh oh..... i can't tell enything its so much painfull .................................................................................................................................................

    ReplyDelete