Thursday, 17 September 2009

More Pregnancy Worries




My daughter has again been in a state this week, as new scans of the 13-week foetus (which I now get to see in moving pictures on CD), reveal that the blood vessel at the back of his minute neck, is too big by about 0.02mm, which means he could have a 1 - 2 % chance of a heart problem. ???? After a nail-biting two days, more tests reveal that he is absolutely normal. Why am I not surprised. I am beginning to wish that my daughter and her husband were a little poorer and could not afford all these tests. Do youth and family history count for nothing? She is only 25. This is private health care in South Africa - money-making!

1 comment:

  1. I only had one or two ultrasounds (scans) my entire pregnancy. Why all the scans if there is no reason. Like you said, jacking up the bill and causing needless worry.
    xx

    ReplyDelete