Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Cholesterol Challenge




Sorry for the gap in posts - we had an enormous family gathering over the last four days (about 56 of us) to celebrate my sister-in-law's 70th and my husband's 60th birthdays. Thank goodness for the facilities on one of the farms or we could not have gathered. We had a great time!


The above-mentioned challenge is to get my habitual 7.9 number down to 5 - without pills. The fit young chap at the gym refused to accept my pleadings about allowance for age and the fact that all the women in both my parents' families have lived until their nineties - a great deal more relaxed than the rest of us, in an age that had never heard of cholesterol! He promised that if I do 10 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes on the rowing machine and 10 minutes on the cross-trainer I shall achieve my goal and not ever need pills. I feel encouraged because unlike the lengthy programme on all the different machines on the ‘circuit’ (yawn) I think I might be able to manage this, especially as I now have hours of vintage British comedy shows on my MP3, thoughtfully organised by my brother. Also I feel that as I have the time I should set an example for my husband and see if this works. Plus, having declared my intention on my blog - I feel additionally bound to carry it out. I wasn’t told how many times a week though, I’ll try 1 for starters. No, really - that was a joke. I’ll go for 3.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. I got off Blood Pressure pills by losing 20lbs. I am sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic achievement! HOw did you do it? Hubbie and I are on a 'fruit' cleanse this week. Only Monday to Friday though. If we can stick it, we might carry on (with week-ends off) for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just cutting...going very slow cuz I like to eat.. lol

    ReplyDelete