Monday, 17 August 2009

Midnight Snack


September 6th, 2007

A rare treat for me to be up at this time (12.30 pm.) so fun to see who blogs this late at night. I am sleeping on a couch in my son’s lounge and he goes to bed late, so I have had to change my time clock. Got to change back again when I go back to SA on Friday night. Will have been away 3 1/2 weeks. Neglecting my duties at home. I think my husband is now really tired of cooking, washing & ironing etc. etc. At least I get appreciated on my return. Was in central London today at lunchtime. Everyone out eating at the hundreds of tiny, exquisite sandwich bars. I bought one in M & S. “Wensleydale Cheese & Caramelised Carrot Chutney”. You pull a little strip and the packaging opens out into a tray. It bears this legend: “We use 100% sustainable packaging for these sandwiches. The window is made from corn starch rather than plastic, and the cardboard’s from an FSC certified source, which means we’re supporting responsible forest management.” Suitably impressed! Just thoughts at midnight…….. zzzzzzzzzz . (PS - I had an e-mail from a PR person at M & S - a few days later, thanking me for my appreciation of their sandwich. You never know who’s surfing about out there do you!)

4 comments:

  1. I spent 10 in the UK last december and I loved the food department of Marks and Spencer...had to skirt the purse dept. I want a M & S here in the states.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on winning The Superior Scribbler Award. Visit my blog to collect your prize

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intrigued. I'll do that.... Surely America has the best fast food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not nice fancy sandwiches as in M & S..

    ReplyDelete